When you’re in charge of hiring the right keynote speaker or workshop facilitator, your task is more art than science, which makes it a delicate assignment. Rest assured, whether your audience wants to be inspired, challenged or entertained, I have plenty of material for a customized keynote, workshop, luncheon, or after-dinner speech.
I’ll choose stories that resonate with the objectives of your gathering. Here are a few:
- The kindness of strangers who’ve bailed me out of jams and what this taught me about human nature.
- How living out of a duffle bag has revolutionized my thinking about life’s wants and needs.
- My adventure alone in Wyoming’s Tetons after dark—when the road ended—taught me about staying focused and positive self-talk; messages appropriate for all audiences.
- The man I met in Kansas who was walking across America before he went blind is a story that always inspires.
- Lunch with a homeless Vietnam Veteran makes us think twice about our treatment of the homeless and American service personnel.
- Inspiring life lessons from friends who faced cancer as a patient, loved one or caregiver always helps audiences think about their lives in different ways.
- Healthcare professionals resonate with the observations I share in “Self-Care, Burnout and Compassion Fatigue,” which is based on stories from my book and my own life.
Sample Speaking Engagements
- TEDx Charlotte talk, “Chance Encounters”
- Healthcare conferences. Largest audience: 850.
- Cancer patient centers and cancer support groups. Audiences ranged from a dozen to a hundred.
- The International Motorcycle Show (in four different cities). Thousands attended.
- Pecha Kucha talk in Charlotte for 400 people.
- Headlined Women on Wheels’ Annual International Ride-In, delivering a keynote and four workshops for 300 attendees.
- Charlotte Small Business Week workshop on risk taking and recovery from a long-distance motorcyclist’s perspective. 500 attended this conference.
- Occasionally I can speak to a community group like Rotary, Lions, Altrusa, and cancer support groups at no charge when I’m in the area for other (paid) business. Let’s see if our schedules align; I’d love to make it happen.
Engagements outside Charlotte, North Carolina will include transportation, per diem and a one-day minimum fee. Contact me to discuss your specific needs.
I am delighted to speak to nonprofit groups in the Charlotte area free of charge.
Book Your Engaging Keynote Speaker Today!
Discover Life's Lessons On the Open Road With Tamela Rich
Seeking a keynote speaker who can inspire, challenge, and entertain your audience? Tamela Rich, an author, editor, and long-distance motorcyclist, brings life lessons from her travels into engaging presentations. With tailored content for each event, from TEDx talks to community group addresses, Tamela's stories of resilience, compassion, and self-reflection will resonate with your audience and make your event memorable. Secure Tamela as your next speaker today and let her impactful stories transform your gathering.Contact Tamela Rich