Live Full Throttle: Life Lessons From Friends Who Faced Cancer
In 2010 and 2011, in search of a good cause, I joined a group of Canadian and American motorcyclists raising money for breast cancer research. After two years of hearing stories from people I met on the road, I learned how their brush with cancer had helped survivors re-examine both their priorities and their assumptions about how to live their best lives.
Live Full Throttle: Life Lessons From Friends Who Faced Cancer is a collection of the stories I heard from women facing life’s ultimate sink hole, and doing it with grace, humor, moxie and joy. I organized the stories into these eight lessons:
- The Healing Power of Joy
- Gratitude Eases Pain
- Laughter Lightens Tragedy
- You’re Terminal Too, Embrace It
- When to Fight, When to Flow
- Art Restores
- Relationships Are Fluid
- Channel Sorrow Into Service
The book includes 100+ pages of full-color photographs by Christina Shook, author of Chicks on Bikes.
“Magnificent stories, movingly told, with compelling copy and striking photo spreads. It’s a real page-turner.” ~National APEX Grand Award for Publishing Excellence
Quotes from Amazon Reviewers
- What a great book! It really puts a lot of things into perspective, and the stories told are so inspiring. I would suggest this book to anyone I know! ~Stephanie Nelson
- This book will make you laugh, cry and end with a big broad smile! I love the fact that she compiled REAL stories straight from the women she met along the way and shared them with us so lovingly. I found myself not wanting the book to end! I wanted MORE…….maybe she will write another one after next years ride? I will cherish this book for the rest of my life. ~Cyclegirl
- This book is a “must” for everyone. This book is about putting your fears behind one’s self and braving the storm of whatever we do face. The book is not only for cancer survivors and families but can be applied to any difficult course in life. ~Samcat
- I loved the photography, the real people, and amazing stories. Also love the exercises. They provoke the mind and reach into the depth of one’s heart if allowed. Makes ordinary people extraordinary and palpable. Thank you for this amazing book. I love it so much that am buying more for gifts. Every one with a heart, must own one! ~K
- I am on the journey through breast cancer and when I started reading the book Live Full Throttle I was inspired by the stories and fact that Tamela road her motorcycle for us Pink Sisters. This is a great read and the photos are wonderful. ~Dlcfoto
Where to buy Live Full Throttle
You can order this $25 book from me here and receive free shipping and handling, a personalized message by me, and I’ll even pick up the sales tax if it applies.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit cancer causes.
Last updated byon .